Address: Room 112, Second Science Building, Yucai Campus, 15 Yucai Road, Qixing District, Guilin, P.R.China
Hongqiang Wang，Male, born in 1974; Doctor of Engineering from Central South University; Supervisor for PhD of the chemistry class-one doctoral disciplines and Professor in Guangxi Normal University; Director of Guangxi University Key Laboratory of Low-Carbon New Energy Electrochemical Materials and Technology. Guangxi University High-Level Innovation Team Leader, Selected to the second-level candidates of “New Century Talent Project” in Guangxi. Prof. Wang has been in new carbon materials; electrode materials for supercapacitors, LIBs and SIBs; R&D on Nonferrous Metallurgy. The main more than 20 research projects include National Natural Science Foundation, Guangxi Innovation-Driven Development Subject (Science and Technology Major Subject), Guangxi Scientific and Technology Development Plan, Guangxi Natural Science Foundation, and Lateral Research Funds. Prof. Wang developed a synthesis technology of nanoscale carbon coated LiFePO4 and realized technological transfer, firstly prepared the starch-based porous carbon materials using starch as source of carbon, and developed an oxidation resistance coating technology of cathode for aluminum electrolytic industry which brings enormous economic benefits to the enterprise. Prof. Wang published more than 60 research papers in international and Chinese famous journals (including Journal of Materials Chemistry A, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, Chemical Engineering Journal, Electrochimica Acta and Journal of Power Sources et al, in which 31 papers is finished as the first or corresponding author), obtained more than 20 state authorized patents, and won 1 second prize of Guangxi Technology Innovation and 1 the 11th Guangxi Young Science & Technology Award.
Areas of Research Interests
1. New energy materials and devices(Lithium ion battery/sodium-ion battery electrode materials, supercapacitor electrode materials, metal-air battery electrode materials, battery systems and recycling of used batteries, pure electric and hybrid power systems based on Lithium-ion batteries)
2.Nonferrous metallurgy (Aluminum electrolysis technology, aluminum electrolysis electrode materials)
School of Graduation
Taiyuan University of Technology
School of Metallurgy, Central South University
Metallurgical Physical Chemistry
School of Metallurgy, Central South University
College of Chemistry and chemical engineering, Guangxi Narmol University
School of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guangxi Narmol University
Guangxi Key Laboratory of University on new energy electrochemistry
materials and technology, Guangxi Normal University
 Hong-Qiang Wang, Guan-Hua Yang, Li-San Cui, Ze-Sheng Li, Zhi-Xiong Yan, Xiao-Hui Zhang, You-Guo Huang and Qing-Yu Li, Controlled synthesis of three-dimensional interconnected graphene-like nanosheets from graphite microspheres as high-performance anodes for lithium-ion batteries [J], Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2015, 3, 21298-21307.
 Feiyan Lai, Xiaohui Zhang, Qiang Wu, Jiujun Zhang, Qingyu Li, Youguo Huang, Zhu Liao, and Hongqiang Wang*, Effect of Surface Modification with Spinel NiFe2O4 on Enhanced Cyclic Stability of LiMn2O4 Cathode Material in Lithium Ion Batteries [J]. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2018, 6, 570-578.
 You-guo Huang, Jing Chen, Xiao-hui Zhang, Ya-hui Zan, Xian-ming Wu, Ze-qiang He, Hong-qiang Wang*, Qing-yu Li, Three-dimensional Co3O4/CNTs/CFP Composite as Binder-Free Cathode for Rechargeable Li-O2 Batteries [J], Chemical Engineering Journal, 2016, 296, 28-34.
 Hong-Qiang Wang, Dong-Cai Zhang, Xiao-Hui Zhang, Ze-Sheng Li, Guan-Hua Yang, Yong-Sheng Wu, Jing-Jing Ji, Qing-Yu Li, Sustainable synthesis of Co NPs@Graphited carbon microspheres as an efficient electrocatalyst for the oxygen-evolution reaction [J], Chemical Engineering Journal, 2016, 294, 193-201.
 Guan-Hua Yang, Zhi-Xiong Yan, Hong-Qiang Wang*, Xian-Ming Wu, Ze-Qiang He, Qing-Yu Li, You-Guo Huang, Ze-Sheng Li, Controlled synthesis of expanded mesocarbon microbeads (EMCMB) by H2SO4-HNO3-CrO3 oxidation for superior lithium-storage application [J]. Electrochimica Acta, 2016, 662-672.
 Production technology of working electrolyte for wide temperature and high voltage aluminum electrolysis capacitor. (Patent)
 Boronizing agent and boronizing process for boronizing metal titanium surface. (Patent)
 Production technology of surface controllable oxidation of graphitized mesophase carbon microspheres. (Patent)
 Production technology of manganese dioxide/carbon paper composite electrode for supercapacitor. (Patent)
 Production technology of iron-containing compound coated lithium manganate cathode materials. (Patent)
1. Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Studies on Delithium-lithium Rule and Electrode Process of Carbon net Support and Coated MoS2/Metal Nanocomposites, 5177041230，2018.1-2021.12, 600K RMB.
2. Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Studies on electrochemical process of new LixAl@C nanocomposite anode materials and construction of electrode system for lithium ion batteries, E041203，2014.01-2017.12，480K RMB.
3. Supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Studies on the preparation and storage mechanism of Sn/C nanocomposites supported by three-dimensional porous carbon for lithium ion batteries, 51064004，2011.01-2013.12，260K RMB.
4. Supported by Guangxi, Key R & D plan, Fabrication technology of nano-silicon composite cathode material supported by nano-frame for lithium-ion batteries, 2015.1-2018.12, 500K RMB.
5. Supported by Key Projects of Guangxi Natural Science Foundation, Study on electrochemical process of a new type of cathode material of frame carbon coated nano-molybdenum sulfide/metal composite electrode for lithium-ion batteries, 2016GXNSFDA380023，2016.09-2019.08, 300K RMB.
Honors And Awards
2. Hongqiang Wang, The 11th Guangxi Youth Science and Technology Award.